Tinsel was a young girl born to Clarence and Martha Riving. She and her parents would go on trips during the summer. She was having an affair with the mayor, which they attempted to keep a secret. This was discovered by Joshua and later used to blackmail him.
Shortly before the player arrived in town, she was found drowned in the river. The news was devastating to many members of the town, especially her parents and the mayor. This led the agent to come and investigate.
- Martha Riving:
- Clarence Riving: Clarence is Tinsel's father. Like his wife, he is devastated about her death.
- Mayor: The mayor and Tinsel were had a sexual relationship prior to her death. Because of their large age difference, the two hid their relationship. Otto was said to be devastated when he found out about her death.
- Denny: Denny causes the death of Tinsel.
- ADcFriend1 = I guess I'll have to let you know something.^The reason I am here is that, shortly before you arrived at Gleaner Heights...^...a local girl was found dead. Drowned.^It was the daughter of Clarence and Martha Riving. Her name was Tinsel. She was seventeen years old.^I was officially assigned to investigate this tragic incident. I have yet to determine if it was murder, suicide or an accident.
- AJoshDestroyPhotos = Otto was devastated when Tinsel was found dead.
- AClarFriend1 = %playername...I have something to tell you.^We had a daughter. Her name was Tinsel. Shortly before you came here, she was...aahh...^...she was found dead. Drowned. Me and Martha have a very hard time coping with this. She was seventeen. Had her whole life in front of her...^The sheriff and this agent that came here, they are looking into what happened. But what's the point? They can't bring her back.
- AClarFriend3 = %playername, do you like honey-baked pumpkin risotto? It was Tinsel's favorite...Let me tell you how to make it.
- AMrtFriend1 = %playername...me and my husband, we are going through some rough times.^Our daughter, Tinsel...she is in heaven now. It just happened one morning. She was found in the river...^People here don't talk about it, either out of respect or fear. We don't know if it was an accident, or if someone else did it.^Old Tobias acted really weird when it happened, but the sheriff and that agent didn't manage to get anything useful out of him...
- AGabFriend1 = %playername, I don't know what the rest of the townsfolk have told you, but shortly before you arrived in town...^...a local girl was found dead. The daughter of Clarence and Martha Riving. That special agent? He's here for this reason.^We suspect foul play, but haven't found something towards that theory yet.^Just wanted you to hear this from me.